Hi, I’m Gary. I was Exec at Large in Fall 2014 and Director of Resources in the Spring, Summer and Fall of 2015. I have also volunteered for the Frosh events in 2015, 2017 and 2018, and am currently organizing the CSSS League of Legends tournament.
If you elect me as the Director of Events, I pledge to do the following:
- Help bring about and organize the Halloween Pub Crawl
- Hold more gaming events, online and in-person. (Hearthstone, Overwatch, more League of Legends, Fortnite, Civilization V, etc.)
- Run Linux install workshops open to the public
- Limit serving pizza to only every third Boardgames Night and hold polls on Discord for what food to be served on the other nights
- Increase funds for future events with fundraising events such as bake sales, and Linux booting USB sales
I would also like to organize one major event before the end of my term. Once elected, I will investigate the feasibility of these two possible options:
- A 3-day/2-night ski trip to Big White, Whistler or some other ski resort
- A hackathon or programming competition, hopefully working together with local companies
I think the CSSS membership should vote for me as Director of Events because I’m skilled at creating efficient systems, and because I am an outgoing, optimistic person. I am well acquainted with most of the current CSSS executive team, as well as with many of the CSSS community leaders.
I have been with the CSSS for almost 4 years now and have seen it at its best and at its worst. I know community participation and popular interest are what give purpose to this society. To that, I pledge to make more CSSS events accessible to the membership and memorable for years to come.
Thanks for reading and hope your semester is legend…(wait for it),